Attn: Garlic lovers! I made the best dip ever…. here is the recipe:)
August 22, 2009
- 1 C Water
- 1 Can of chickpeas (or equivalent if cooked at home)
- 1 Package of thawed frozen spinach (or 1 bunch of fresh spinach)
- 3 to 6 Cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love garlicky goodness)
- 2 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil (or vegan spread of your choice to sautee)
- 1 Tbs. Tahini
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if you like it with a kick!)
- Pinch of salt
*Additional Yummy Options: Add 1 small bunch of chives, 1/2 cup of artichokes, 1/4 cup chopped parsley or herbs of your choice
- Sautee olive oil and chopped garlic (and chives if you are using them) on med/low heat until fragrant.
- Add spinach (and artichokes if using).
- Sautee until fragrant and tender (don’t burn the garlic!)
- In blender or food processor add water, lemon, chickpeas, tahini, salt, pepper, fresh herbs, sauteed spinach.
- Blend until desired consistency… pour into serving dish, garnish with red pepper flakes if you fancy and serve with pita, carrots, cucumbers or any veggie of your choice!